View Single Post
Old August 20, 2018, 11:01 AM   #50
Sevens

The Browning Hi-Power has a status (a well earned status, simply given it's issued contracts and global proliferation) of legendary or beyond, I include it in my list of overrated simply because of all the little annoyances and items that many end up finding a work-around as they are minor road blocks on the path to enjoyment.

Of course tons of folks will try to counter my statement by saying they don't modify it one whit but it's no less true. The safety is not slick or smooth, the tang is not substantial and legions of shooters get some degree of hammer bite, the trigger is so ridiculous that almost zero gun designs moving forward have done any manner of copy, the tactile trigger reset seemingly does not even exist, the magazine disconnect has a 97% disapproval rate, and far, far, FAR too much "John M. Browning" gets attributed and attached to this pistol.

It's a gorgeous handgun, it's absolutely iconic by any measure. It's also overrated, and I bet John Browning would agree.

Page generated in 0.03312 seconds with 8 queries