View Single Post
Old October 9, 2011, 11:44 PM   #13
kealil

Here is is how I understand the the conflict between the two:

Beam scales(of a decent quality) will be more accurate than a digital scale. they are also less sensitive to the elements around it such as air pressure,humidity ,etc. The main downside is the cost and lack of quick setup and results.

Electronic scales are usually considered more precise(please note the difference between precise and accurate). You will also be able to find a relatively high quality electronic scale for a lower price point than a comparable beam scale. They can also give very quick readings and will be more productive. The main issues with electronic scales is that they can be quite sensitive to their environment(my hornady doesn't like my garage because of all the EMF from old wiring and light bulbs) so if you buy an electronic scale you will have to decide at what point to trust the scale and when to question it.

Please note that everyone will have a different experience with the scales they choose based on how they use them. Also note that I am still relatively new to reloading but have experienced a lot over these short months.

Good Luck, Happy Reloading, And STAY SAFE!!

Page generated in 0.03591 seconds with 8 queries