View Single Post
Old June 15, 2007, 08:23 AM   #5
benedict1

I started with the Lee Classic Turret Press last year--it is an auto-indexing turret press and it is possible to comfortably turn out 200 rounds per hour once you organize your components and get the routine down. The best deal, as noted is here, because you get dies with the kit--

http://www.surplusrifle.com/reviews2...ress/index.asp

3 months later, after I had learned the solid basics of reloading I got my Load Master--I load 9 mm and .45 ACP with it. For the money, it is the best progressive to buy--I would not buy it first though if you are unfamiliar with reloading.

Contrary to what some will say, it is easy to set up, operate and maintain. There are numerous instructional video tapes on You Tube and at the Lee website to show you how to do this. Rather, if you are new to reloading you can get yourself in trouble by just not paying attention to things like unsuitable brass in the case feeder, e.g., AMERC is junk and causes trouble, you run out of primers and don't notice it; you inadvertently short stroke the press and jam the shell plate. You need to make positive strokes.

The Load Master must be kept clean, especially the priming mechanism. No grease or oil to gunk it up.

If I were you, I would get the Classic Turret Press and after learning and loading, then evaluate the merits of all the well-known progessives, with the Load Master being the most economical to own. Lee has an excellent guarantee too; don't be fooled by expensive, "lifetime" guarantees at other places. They are lifetime alright, but you pay a lot upfront for them.

Page generated in 0.02493 seconds with 8 queries