View Single Post
Old December 19, 2012, 07:26 PM   #5
tahunua001

there are bolt actions chambered in both 5.45x39 and 7.62x39 such as the savage model 10 and CZ model 527 that would not be affected and there were numerous SKS' that were modified during the previous weapons ban to be compliant. as for ammo they will not stop making ammo for it as it is one of the most prolifically used rounds around the world. there will still be AK47s made and sold, they will just have to be neutered in a sense as will the AR15s but they will still have to grandfather in all non compliant rifles currently in circulation, you will still be allowed to keep your SKS as is, you will just not be able to buy any more magazines for them and you will have to make it AWB compliant if you ever want to sell it again.

trust me, 7.62x39 ammo is not going anywhere. think of all the guns chambered in 8mm mauser, 303 brit, and other obselete military cartridges that are no longer used and yet ammo is still easily available. it will be no different with 7.62x39.

Page generated in 0.02249 seconds with 8 queries