Thread: Norma brass
View Single Post
Old August 24, 2012, 09:44 AM   #1
Dwayne

Norma brass

I'm new to reloading and I have started out with Lee dies and had good results from these dies. My question is this, I bought new Norma brass and after I full length sized I noticed it was 0.017'' short of the Trim-to Length which book calls for. When I make up my rounds I seat and crimp in a seprate process and I don't put a heavy crimp on the case. I used the Lee Factory Crimp Die on this cartridge and noticed my cannelure bullet was seated
0.009'' deeper than I had seated it in the bullet seating die. So I tried to put a roll crimp with the bullet seating die with the bullet plunger making no contact with bullet and this process is still pushing bullets in deep as well. I have had no other issues with the other Lee Rifle Dies I have, when I seat the bullets to the COL and crimp the bullet it stays where I seated it and they have cannelures as well. Is this being done because the Norma brass is shorter than the Trim-to Length or is the Lee Die Set having Issues? Any information would be appreciated.

Page generated in 0.03016 seconds with 8 queries