View Single Post
Old November 13, 2020, 06:07 PM   #52
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
I've read that the Imperial Japanese and the Soviets had discussed the possibility of invading the US
If you mean discussed it with each other, I highly doubt that.

If you mean each considered the possibility, then yes every war college staff plays all kinds of "what if" games...

There was a quote attributed to Yamamoto (debunked as no proof could be found he ever said it) about how "You cannot invade America, there would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"

He may never had said it, but he certainly knew the possibility of our industrial capacity and military potential, once we got organized and focused.

He promised his superiors he could "run wild for 6 months, after that I can promise nothing" and that is the way things worked out.

Back to UBC for a moment..
Quote:
UBCs are bad and here's why, lets say you're going hunting with a buddy and you're lending him a gun to go hunting with, with UBCs your friend would have to go through a background check just to borrow your gun and then you would have to go through a background check to get it back.
My state has a UBC law, (being contested but until settled, still the law) which requires you, your friend, and the gun to all go to an FFL (in person) and has specific provisions for when this does not apply. Exemptions are when hunting or at a "certified" range.

The issue with this is that since there are specified exemptions, that means the law applies all the rest of the time, right?? Like, in your home, for example??

There is no clarification of what is, and is not a transfer requiring the background check, which is one of the points the law is being challenged over.

The UBC concept has a SMALL degree of merit, but the proposals we are offered of imposed on us already as law are written like crap, criminalizing common everyday LEGAL behavior due to overly vague language.

SO, if you support the concept of UBC's, be sure to READ THE FINE PRINT, because you might be supporting a bill that makes you a criminal for handing a friend a gun to look at in your own home, makes him a criminal for accepting it and then moves you into FELON when he gives is back and you take your own property without both of you and the gun being sanctified by an FFL (at his location during regular business hours) running, (and you passing) the background check required by the new "holy writ" of the law.

Its a BAD THING...don't be fooled by a benign title and LIES about what it will do.

Page generated in 0.03552 seconds with 8 queries