View Single Post
Old December 8, 2002, 01:18 AM   #15
MrAcheson

Just one thing to keep in mind, my state (DE) has legislation that forbids CCW on public or private school grounds. The law is worded in such a way that it could easily include a church where children are being taught in sunday school.

As for breaking a state/local law in order to carry in church see Romans 13:1 and 1 Peter 2:13.

As for the theology of carrying in a church... Keep in mind that Christ also commanded us to turn the other cheek if struck so that our opponent might strike that one also. There is also a big theological case for passive resistance as well if you look at the example of the early church. There is a time for everything under heaven. Be in constant prayer that God might lead you to recognize the time that is before you.

Is it wrong to carry in church? Not unless your breaking the law or unless you think it is. Frankly I think this falls under "do not cause your brother to stumble in his weakness". If you think its wrong, its wrong. A christian must always be wary of replacing their trust in Jesus Christ with their trust in Samuel Colt. Even carrying a gun may become a stumbling block to your walk with God.

Personally I don't think I will. Its Gods house and I will trust him to defend it (perhaps through my christian brothers who do not feel likewise).

Page generated in 0.02468 seconds with 8 queries