View Single Post
Old July 13, 2013, 11:45 AM   #67
Dixie Gunsmithing
Moderator Emeritus

Patriot86,

To me, and I read the 1907 treaty this would have been under, it did not list any weapon as coming under its protection. Plus, if you look into it, hardly anyone obeyed the treaty, which sort of nullified it.

To me, it is like buying a home on a property with restrictions, and as soon as a restriction is broken by one or more residents, it throws the baby out with the bath water, if nobody complains, and it actually cancels all the restrictions that were set up, or it does under Ohio law (it happened here). However, this is a supposed international treaty, that nobody who signed it, honored. Plus, the US military law on war trophy's gave clearance to remove weapons (up to 1994 at least), making them legal US property. They poke fun at this on the movie Kelly's Hero's. The CO pilfered a small yacht! In reality, things like this have happened in all wars, and up until the war in the middle east, the US was one of the ones doing it.

I forgot to add, one might want to read the article about it at the Washington Times, as the one at the Washington Post is slanted one sided to the left, as it is at any mention of a gun.

Page generated in 0.02435 seconds with 8 queries