View Single Post
Old May 21, 2012, 10:26 AM   #5
Southern Shooter

362 grain @1,070-1,100 FPS

Ha ha...that is ok. I am starting to have those moments, too.

I actually do have both of those molds.

If I load 24 grains of W296 the 362 grain boolit will go between 1,070 and 1,100 FPS. But, to be honest with you, it is a beast to shoot from the Ruger SRH Alaskan with the short barrel. The first 20 shots are ok. But, then I start to pay the price.

So, that is why I was looking for something a bit easier to shoot more frequently. Something I could protect myself in the woods with and also shoot for fun when the moment arises. I have been loading that lighter bullet up to around 1,200 FPS and it is not too bad to shoot. But, really wanted a comparison between the two.

And, honestly, I would like to simplify my life, here...one bullet that I can become very familiar with its behavior under various conditions. One that I can adjust the charge back and forth as needed.
"My plea is that we stop seeking out the storm and enjoy more fully sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life we accentuate the positive. I am asking that we look a little deeper for the good, that we still our voices of insult and sarcasm, that we more generously compliment and endorse virtue and effort." Gordon B. Hinckley

Last edited by Southern Shooter; May 21, 2012 at 03:15 PM.

Page generated in 0.03427 seconds with 8 queries