View Single Post
Old October 9, 2017, 05:47 PM   #21
MrBorland

Well, as long as we're talking technique, I'll chime in with 2 more very common issues…

…first, do not peek at the target between shots! This is very common and bad habit, and a real accuracy killer. Just get a good sight picture, and under no particular time constraints, take 5 of your very best shots, without having to adjust your grip, and while keeping your focus locked on the front sight at all times. No peeking! You can look at the target afterward (and it ought to tell you what you already know ).

…secondly, don't "time" your shots. In other words, don't try pulling the trigger at the instant you see the front sight passing the center of the target. For one thing, by the time the shot breaks, your front sight won't be at the center of the target. More importantly, when you time the shot, you will most certainly yank! that trigger. Formal target shooters uniformly will tell you timing the shot is a fool's errand. If your wobble zone is within, say, the black, your shots will land in the black if your shot release is true. This is best you can do. With practice, your wobble will improve, and you'll trust your wobble enough to not yank the trigger.

I do agree with JohnKSa, though, that 3" from the bench at 10 meters isn't very encouraging. I'd be curious to hear how your Sig groups. In the meantime, I'd work on your fundamentals with your Model 41.

Page generated in 0.03990 seconds with 8 queries