View Single Post
Old May 1, 2018, 01:50 PM   #64
doofus47

After a cursory reading, my primary question is "how is your license validation scheme" different from the current background check scheme?
In both cases, the gov't checks databases. In your scheme, the user must be entered into 1 DB. plus. In both cases, people could be left out of the DB or added to the DB incorrectly.

Neither the existing system nor the proposed system solves the problem of freewill. We're in the current pickle b/c someone decided it was time to vent frustrations against his fellow citizens. When that happens under the proposed system, what is the failsafe to ensure that this anomalous behavior won't dis-allow the legal right of all others? In fact, it seems easier to sweep the field when all firearms are registered and there's a mandatory jail term for citizens owning a previously legal but currently non-registered firearm.

I see also that the proposed license would have "revocation" options for people accused of committing crimes. We already have that scheme. Again, this would be a similar technology applied at the Federal policy level with all of the waffling and vagaries that has historically seen.

I'm not seeing the beauty of something new here.

I"d much prefer that the courts would do their job and stop the legal nibbling and that people opposed to the 2nd Amendment would just recognize that they need to move away.

Page generated in 0.02501 seconds with 8 queries