View Single Post
Old February 9, 2018, 06:59 PM   #9
ms6852

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanspiff View Post
When you do get yourself a scope, I would like to see pics of your groups at 150-200 yards. I rarely shoot my CZ past 50 yards because group size gets atrocious. Probably not using the right ammo for that distance.

I have a Leupold 2-7x on my CZ. Would like a little more magnification but its perfect out to 50 yards.
I normally do not shoot at a target other than the initial zero for the scope just to get on paper. What I do is place clay targets on a berm at about 230 yards. The berm allows me to see impacts for adjustments. On windy days it becomes way more challenging, but it is still a lot of fun.

I have found that aguila hypervelocity rounds to be very accurate on my 10/22 ruger. I am able to hit fragments of the clay target as well. There does not seem to be much of a transition that happens once the bullet goes to the transonic stage. I find the subsonic rounds are affected more by the wind, probably because it takes longer to get there and the wind has more time to shift its direction. Just an observation no scientific proof.

Page generated in 0.03401 seconds with 8 queries