View Single Post
Old June 8, 2013, 04:52 PM   #34
Old Stony

I hunt hogs and trap them on a daily basis and have for several years as a retirement hobby....that's sort of turned into a job. It has been a fun and interesting hobby to say the least. I have had one sow in that time grunt at me like she would have liked to be agressive...since I had a bunch of her babies in a trap....but turned around and ran. They can be a tough critter, but will almost always run the other way if it's possible. Any of them in a trap will act agressive, but open the door and they are gone. I doubt many people get hurt by them unless they are trying to carry them away live (they don't take much to pettin') I once had a boar that weighed in right at 400 lbs that was a problem. I had to shoot him 3 times through the boiler room with 240 gr. 44 mags before he would fall over, and this was under 25 yards. He only wanted to get away from me. I did a european mount of his head and found another bullet hole right in it's forehead and the bone looks like it was trying to grow back. The spine where it runs into the back of the skull looked like it was deformed from this, but the hog kept going and everything had healed over.
Basically I have no fear of agression from the feral hogs in the open. If they are agressive it's because you are trying to make them do something they don't want to do or working in a confined space where they are just trying to defend themselves.

Last edited by Old Stony; June 8, 2013 at 05:04 PM.

Page generated in 0.02780 seconds with 8 queries