View Single Post
Old September 24, 2000, 01:09 PM   #9
thanatos

My general practice regimen includes equal time for both, also strong hand only, and weak hand only. Although some time is alloted for carefully aimed shots (2>3 sec), most of the time is spent engaging multiple targets at a rate of approx 1 shot/sec and faster, to 3 shots/sec @ 15yds. I believe in being flexible in training, including sitting in the living room and point the (empty) gun at random targets, then looking through the sights to see how close the point was. Practice reloads w/ eyes closed. When a S&W 629 was my CCW gun, used to practice reloads w/ speed loaders, thousand of times while watching TV, tossing the speedloader into the cylinder time after time until I could do it w/ those eyes closed (middle finger of RH indexing the cylinder, RH holding gun, LH inserting speedloader, & yes, I know that if you are RH'ed, you're supposed to change hands, hold the gun w/ LH, and insert speedloader w/ RH. Takes more time that way, more fumbling).
Practice every conceivable variation, then create new games w/ your shooting partner.

Page generated in 0.03132 seconds with 8 queries