View Single Post
Old November 1, 1999, 10:59 PM   #3
TheOtherMikey

There are a couple of issues on 9mm reloading.

First, you can buy ready loaded 9mm ammo probably as cheap as any centerfire pistol ammo in existance.

Second, if you are going through the whole "9 yds" -- from swept up to chambered up, of handloading with 9mm, it can be tedious.

FORGET reloading 9mm on anything other than a fully functioning progressive (spell that Dillon 550B) reloader (don't start on me about reloaders!). Also, don't break your arse looking for 9mm cases to reload at the range. Get some cleaned COMMERCIAL brass from one of the many advertisers at www.shotgunnews.com. Don't even think about trying to swage the roll crimp out of a thousand 9mm once fired military rounds -- let somebody with fully automated equipment take care of that. Finally, use only one make of primer (I like WW-SP), one brand of powder (I like Bullseye or W231 but there are other FAST burning powders), and one projectile (Like 115gr FMJ). Finally, make sure you apply a nice snug (not tight and not loose) taper crimp to the finished round.

The more you standardize, the more easy your 9mm reloading life becomes. Don't reload a few hundred rounds.....load in multipules of 500....1,000 rounds makes a nice round number.I personally load 2,000 rounds at a time which makes a nice 6-8 month supply for me, but to each his own.

Hope this helps. Remember, the key is to load in bulk and to standardize. Mikey

------------------
When Guns Are Outlawed, I Will Be Another One Of The Quarter Million Violators Who Are Not Prosecuted

[This message has been edited by TheOtherMikey (edited November 01, 1999).]

Page generated in 0.02169 seconds with 8 queries