View Single Post
Old December 12, 1999, 12:09 AM   #1
mhannah1

I went to the Albany (Oregon) Full Auto Winter Fun Shoot today, and BOY was it fun !
There was a crowd of about 150 people on hand, and there was everything imaginable there. I personally shot an AK-47, Tommy Gun,
UZI, 1919, and a M-16. My 19 year old son fired all those and a full auto Glock 17.
There was a guy there with a BIG (loud) 50 caliber Browning, and that thing was awesome.
I was also very impressed with the range officers of the Albany Pistol & Rifle Club.
They made sure everybody had hearing and eye protection, and were very observent in making sure everybody was observing safe gun handling procedures.

One thing I did notice was the number of times the weapons jammed. The M-16/Ar-15's were the most frequent jammers, and most of the other guns jammed occasionaly. The AK-47's however, never seemed to fail. Makes you wonder about the designs our military uses versus what the communist (or former communist) countries use for their military.

Now all I have to do is talk my wife into letting me spend a little (LOT) for some full auto fun of my own.

Page generated in 0.03313 seconds with 8 queries