Thread: Water Dropping?
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2013, 09:01 AM   #15
snuffy

As for sizing WD boolits before lubing, mix up some 50-50 dish soap/water. Dunk the boolits in it, size them up. I would rinse them before letting them dry.

The last run of 9mm I did, some 125 TCTL lee's, I coated them with rooster jacket lube after they dried out of the quenching water. THEN ran them through the .357 lee push through sizer. Rooster is no longer made, the company went out of bidness. That lube was enough to ease passage of those uber-hard boolits.

Not using some sort of lube in a lee die CAN cause it to get leaded up. Besides the pressure that it would take to push them through.

Mike, I bet if you check those TLC311-165-RF, you'll find they're bigger than what the die would normally size a soft boolit. Those 9's that I sized in a .357 lee die actually ended up at .358. Which is exactly what I wanted. I was attempting to solve a leading problem in my CZ-75. I figured a hard boolit, also a BIG boolit would be the answer. It was! AND accurate as well, nice round groups @ 50 feet with almost no leading.

I'll try them @ 25 yards soon. The lack of plated bullets has forced me to solve the leading/accuracy problem for the 9mm. My son just discovered 3 gun down at Memphis last Saturday! He had a blast, pardon the pun. He put a 3 shell extension on his 1100 skeet gun, shot his elcheapo AR with a cheap red dot and his CZ PO-1. I'm going to need to make a LOT of 9mm this summer. I might just try it myself, if it doesn't land me in the hosp. Can you limp through a 3-gun course??¿

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.02583 seconds with 8 queries