View Single Post
Old September 26, 2012, 11:23 AM   #66
shaunpain

Crazy to see this thread resurrected. My opinion on the matter still stands, but I daresay that I think it would mostly be a matter of ammunition availability. I would never use my Tokarev in a self defense situation because I cannot find any HP rounds for it anywhere, so ball it is. A reliable .45 with good Hornadys or the like will be a perfect HD gun. In combat, it wouldn't matter to me what I was using as it would probably be the cheapest ball ammunition I could find. China is probably the only place I can think of that ammo could be had in volume, although I am sure troops face them in Afghanistan from time to time (mostly Makarovs and 9mms, though, I'm sure). The 1911 can be had in a much more customized, and therefore "better", platform than a Tokarev could, but that doesn't mean that if the round were popular that it wouldn't be a highly desired and customizable platform. I, of course, would prefer a 1911 any day, but then again, I'm not concerning myself in combat with my sidearm. It just needs to work. I'm grabbing a rifle when the chips are down.

Page generated in 0.03112 seconds with 8 queries