View Single Post
Old March 5, 2012, 08:57 PM   #60
dunerjeff

Dacar; if you must know.One was a 30-06 die,the sizer ,the bore that sized the neck was so rough(like the cutter tips were chipped,you being a machinist should know what that looks like)it could not resize the brass,every lube tried ,stand on the press handle,(sounds of brass about to seize).Dealer I bought them from,didn't believe me(probably just like you),used Lee lube,forced,siezure.Replaced with a different color,I had the 100 cases done in 15min,no prblems.
Number 2: Breech Lock press,needed just a cheaper backup single stage for forming ect... couldn't get things to come out concentric,tried,different dies ,same.took dies out and ran the ram up ,looked down the die hole,ram OFFCENTER approx, 1/16",Took back for full refund,ordered different color,works great for what I needed it for.
number 3: 9mm luger die set,this is the one that works,but threads were sharp and full of burrs(a person could easily slice a hand open,turned in press difficult),same with the seater ,sliced up the o-ring in short order,I put them all in the lathe and polished all threads smooth.now does work.

BTW I work in a Stainless shop ,Food grade everything is, we will not be working if we left things rough and not good quality. Things MUST be "pretty" our customers are happy for it.

Page generated in 0.03912 seconds with 8 queries