View Single Post
Old February 5, 2012, 08:32 AM   #2
m&p45acp10+1

Ok lets see if I can awnser a few of those questions.

For pistol loads I will not say that they are more acurate than factory loads. While standing unsupported shooting both in the same gun I shoot my own better. Everyone that shoots my guns say my reloads do better than factory. Most of those are in the mid range of loading manual specs, and close to the cheap factory loads.

For rifle there are some factory loads I can get close to the same results handloading. One of those is Norma loaded 7.62x61 Sharpe&Hart. I can get close to thier loads and the reloads will do the job and then some if I were using it as a hunting or target load.

Note that production of loaded ammo, and brass on this round stopped somewhere in the 90's I think. I know they have not made any since. If I want to shoot it I either have to pay collector prices on already expnsive super premium ammo, or load my own.

For my .221 Rem Fireball Remington's factory 55 grain load is extreemly acurate. It will deliver single hole groups if the shooter does their part. Now that ammo cost $20 or more for a box of 20. I can reload my own with premium bullets, and get the same, or better groups, shooting with a lead sled rest, or off of sandbags. Cost for those is about $0.30 per round. The brass can be reloaded more times than I can count.

For .223 Rem I can reload way more acurate ammo than the standard cheap plinking fodder like the UMC,Federal American Eagle, and other such ammo. In fact I can load up match quality ammo for less than I can buy the cheap stuff for. The match quality ammo will rival a good handload at a cost of $1 a shot or more.

Truthfuly you just have to make the decision for yourself. Yes there are a lot of accurate factory loads that are made in this present day that can do what a great handload does. Some like Weatherby can load some better than the handloader can due to the fact that they have powder blends not available to the reloader. The good stuff is expensive though.

Page generated in 0.03580 seconds with 8 queries