View Single Post
Old October 28, 2011, 11:26 PM   #22
thedaddycat

Nanook, I can sympathize with your dilema. I too have been looking at the Remington 700 Sendero in 7mm Mag. for a 500 yard rifle. I don't have a '03 Springfield but I do have a .30-40 Krag-Jorgenson that's been sporterized. I prefer to keep the old military rifles in "as issued" form, even though I'm getting to the point where seeing the tiny rear notches is tougher and tougher each passing year.

I concur with those above who recommend keeping the Springfield and also getting a new rifle, unless you absolutely have to part with it in order to get the new one.

While a new rifle would be great, I sometimes think that my interests and hobby would be better served by spending the money picking up an '03 Springfield, an 8mm Mauser, and maybe a Mosin-Nagant to boot. They would have to be the right rifles, not sporterized or hacked up. Worn, dinged, dented, showing signs of service, that's all fine with me. It adds character. I'd just give them a good cleaning and shoot them some. I have a thing for the old military stuff....

Page generated in 0.03930 seconds with 8 queries