View Single Post
Old October 26, 2011, 12:29 PM   #25
briandg

Steve, consider this. Va tech happened once, in only 200 years at many hundreds of colleges, and millions of individual professors and billions of students survived every day of those centuries of education.

What are the chances of any one individual being gunned down by a colleague or student that is related solely to being on campus, and not based solely on outside influences, like an insane ex? Come on, they are astronomical.

What are the chances that a professor will be caught with a 1911 in his briefcase by an unsympathetic colleague?

I personally will take the incredibly small risk of being unarmed or under armed in the unbelievably low probability that an assassin may come looking for me.

I've dealt with the loss of my livelihood several times, and on at least one occasion, I still wish I'd been killed, instead of just losing my job. The loss of that job was the worst thing that ever happened to me, and seriously, given the choice of having either died or just lost the job, on any given day, it's still a tossup.

Page generated in 0.02992 seconds with 8 queries