View Single Post
Old September 21, 2011, 08:12 PM   #31
Nnobby45

Quote:
The implication that so many things are tactical is dangerous. Something that is capable of employing decision-making and tactics to achieve a specific goal or objective would (theoretically) also be capable of acting independantly. So then guns could kill people by themselves, and flashlighs would turn on whenever they felt like it. As we all know, this is not the case
Good grief!

A tactical flashlight is simply a light with a design making it easier to use in a TACTICAL SITUATION--that is, deployed with the gun so you can ID targets and see to shoot. It can be used to check the dark recesses of parking garages and stairwells, etc., etc.,---borderline (possible) tactical situations.

Now, take mine for example (I like the plain 'ol SureFire 6P). It doesn't deploy istself independently. I make the decisions--not the dang light. It's with me at all times.

And yes, it can be used in non tactical situations to find my lost car keys, or shine at speeding cars when you're in the X walk at night, etc.

Implying that it's a tactical instrument is NOT dangerous to anything or anybody. Implying that it ISN'T makes no one any safer.

And I wouldn't call it's ability to turn itself on in your pocket as decision making---so don't go there.

Where's my chill pills? OK, I feel better now.

Last edited by Nnobby45; September 21, 2011 at 08:25 PM.

Page generated in 0.03351 seconds with 8 queries