View Single Post
Old January 7, 2010, 03:58 PM   #54
Nevmavrick

The mainmost problem with an H&R is that the drop is so much that the d... thing recoils up against your face!!! The rearward recoil can be accepted, but that jump will bring tears to your eyes. I made a bet once with a Pard that I could shoot 25 straight with an H&R. After 20 shots I paid the $50 and walked off the field.(I didn't want the others to see me crying!)
H&R's can be loaded, put into the chicken coop, then, years later, at 2AM with a disturbance out there, ya go out and find a fox(skunk, weasel, or coyote) you can bet your bottom dollar that gun WILL fire.
A few years back H&R imported some O/U's from Portugal...I carry one for coyote calling. It sure was cheap, but shoots just fine. It has a LOT of "memories" all over the stock.
Mossberg and Remington both import inexpensive O/U's that make nice hunting guns, and disassemble quickly to put into the suitcase, or under the pickupseat.
You don't HAVE to put two shells in, I guess. The Mossberg is available in three different frames, and all gauges, and made in Turkey. The Remington is a Baikal.
Have fun,
Gene

Page generated in 0.02686 seconds with 8 queries