View Single Post
Old May 24, 2005, 09:39 AM   #14
moredes

9mm1033,

Have you explained the problem to the seller, or did you just ask for a refund? (any chance that you didn't reduce the volume in precise increments, enough to influence what you heard--that is to say, are you sure you had it adjusted to the lowest level before "shutoff"?) Mine aren't so sensitive at lower volumes that I find it distracting; at higher levels, I can hear the leaves in the trees rustle, and it is distracting, but at its' lowest level, I don't hear any other noises--one of my checks is the sound of bees; there are plenty of carpenter bees out here (huge, as big as the first joint of your thumb) and they can make an awful drone at a distance of about 1 foot. I can *still* hear them with the 'phones off, but at the lowest level, I don't find it that pronounced. It does take some getting used to, but maybe you, too, need a second session at the indoor range to see if the background noise/level setting can be made acceptable?

I ask all this because it almost sounds like yours are defective.

(for them that're wondering, I shoot from a covered area; clearance to the roof is about 2 feet; the carpenter bees *love* my wooden rafters, and just won't leave me alone, but they're not aggressive, and drones have no stingers.)

Page generated in 0.06620 seconds with 8 queries