View Single Post
Old April 10, 2014, 03:11 PM   #1
Machineguntony

Silencer? That's a silencer?!

So last night, I took my silencers/suppressors to my friend's house in the countryside.

We were talking about silencers, and talking about how it would be good for home defense because it would make the gun much easier to shoot in a self defense situation, mainly because the noise would be a lot less. As know-it-alls, we concluded that a big problem with a gun in a home defense situation would be the deafening blast, as a gun blast in the confined quarters of a home would be debilitating to the homeowner/defensive shooter.

As know-it-alls, we stated that a suppressed handgun would be the ultimate home defense weapon. We actually have no first hand experience in home defense situations, btw.

So my friend had the bright idea of shooting one of my guns into a thick stack of phone books in a bedroom, as we were in the countryside. I twisted on the Mystic suppressor to my HK45CT, loaded up a round, and fired.

We both nearly went deaf from the blast, ears ringing.

My friend goes, "That's a silencer?! What the FFFF?"

It sounded like any other gunblast. What silencer?! LOL. These things definitely aren't like in the movies.

*As clarification, we weren't wearing hearing protection. Normally, I religiously wear hearing protection to protect my hearing.

Last edited by Machineguntony; April 10, 2014 at 03:29 PM.

Page generated in 0.03908 seconds with 8 queries