View Single Post
Old October 8, 2013, 08:45 PM   #18
Deja vu

It is a special can. It was told I can shoot up to 458 win-mag through it. It is an AWC can. The 2 things I would change is 1. make is user serviceable 2. Make it lighter.

It is solid stainless steal and I bet weighs in at about 2-3 LBS.

I find that I gain a little velocity with the can on (in the range of 10-50 FPS depending on load and bullet used.

It is far from silent but still quiet enough that the neighbors dont complain.

The bullet on the deer entered at the left side shoulder punching a nice round hole in the shoulder bone, nicked a left rib and then shattered a rib on the other side of the chest cavity and exited the body for about an inch then entered the right leg and in-bedded its self in the opposite upper front leg bone. The shot was a bit down hill. I would guess from the entrance in the right leg that the bullet started tumbling before stopping as it was found embedded sideways in the leg bone.

all 26 of my guns are 45/70 govt, 357 mag, 22 or 12 ga... I believe in keeping it simple. Wish my wife did as well...

Page generated in 0.03504 seconds with 8 queries