View Single Post
Old February 22, 2013, 09:54 PM   #1
jtmckinney

Don't Over Crimp But You Do Have To Crimp Enough

My 40 cal semi auto pistol shoots factory loads (even the cheap stuff) with no problems but I have been having trouble getting the same reliability with my reloads. One FTF every magazine or two.

After cleaning my pistol and before re-assemblying with the barrel in one hand and cartridges in the other I compared the way factory and my reloads would feel riding up the feed ramp and into the chamber. There was a definate difference with my reloads having some resistance when they would break over and feed into the chamber.

I measured and looked but what I wound up doing is adjusting the crimp die down until the finished cartridge felt the same going into the chamber as the factory cartridges. 100 Rounds today and no FTF.

Just thought I would share.
Have a great day!
James
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; When I am stronger than you, I take away your freedoms because that is according to my principles. Frank Herbert "Children of Dune"

Page generated in 0.03172 seconds with 8 queries