View Single Post
Old July 28, 2012, 05:01 PM   #17
troopcom

Wyosmith quoted:
Quote:
This was shot with a highly tuned AR-15 in 6.8 SPC at 100 meters. It measures well under 1/2" center to center.
Wyosmith,
That is very, very good shooting indeed, but I think some people missed my point in the opening of this thread. I believe you when you say "with a highly tuned AR-15 in 6.8 SPC", but that is not an orginal K98 Mauser. Maybe I should have been more clear in my opening statements. My point is, is that I have read where some people state that they shoot under 1" at 100 yards with an all original K98 8mm Mauser with just iron sights. My original post was only for K98 Mausers. I understand that modern firearms with modern ammo can exceed the capability of the old Mausers, but I would like to get an idea of what an average 100 yard group from an All Original K98 Mauser would be. I am a pretty good shooter, but would never say it is impossible, but not at all common. I am what you might call a realist.
Again, we're just talking K98 Mausers here because this is the Curio and Relics forum.

"Some people actually read the signs while others just look at 'em"

Last edited by troopcom; July 28, 2012 at 05:09 PM.

Page generated in 0.02788 seconds with 8 queries