View Single Post
Old April 8, 2012, 12:49 PM   #1
sirgilligan

Browning 1911 A1 22LR

I have been talking about my Browning 1911 A1 22 on other forums and remembered I hadn't shared anything here.

I took some photos of the pistol and wanted to say I like it very much. Everyone keeps asking, so, I got mine for $499.99, which I think is $20.00 on the high side, but I wasn't going to wait. I got them down from $535 and another store wouldn't budge from $599.00.

It is a great 22. It takes down like a real 1911. That makes it easy to clean. It is my favorite semi-auto 22 to shoot because of that. I hated the field strip of my Ruger MK II and I won't do that again unless the gun is so gunked up it will not run at all.

It has small sights, a little white paint fixed that up. It has a magazine disconnect which doesn't bother me. I don't know the pounds on the trigger pull but it works just fine and I would guess it is around 6 lbs or so, but that is a guess based on the pull of other guns and I could be way off.

Here are my .22's:

The Browning makes an excellent kit gun! It is also a good training gun, I used it to recently teach a new shooter.

I like it for everything that the Browning is and would not have bought it if it were the same size as a .45 ACP 1911 GI pistol.

I would love to see Browning make the .45 ACP 1911 available in a "plain" version instead of the commemorative only.

Page generated in 0.02290 seconds with 8 queries