Thread: Cost per shot
View Single Post
Old March 29, 2012, 09:59 AM   #21
Fingers McGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticap
No matter what a person pays for their loading components, the price of gas and the distance to drive to the range is probably one of the major determining factors of the final cost per shot.
And even the distance that one drives to buy loading components can also be a major contributing expense to the price.
So chalk up some of the expenses to the increased cost for transportation which too often is omitted from the equation.
And of course another unmentioned expense is the cost of membership & fees for gun clubs and shooting ranges.
When those are factored in and averaged out per shot the costs can be astronomical.
And that's not even including the cost of the gun[s].
In the end a hamburger probably costs much less than firing a single shot from a C&B revolver.
Damn........ You mean the $150 I've spent on gas so far to come to this Texas match (Raid on Ft Parker) just added a dollar to the cost of each pistol round and some shotgun rounds I'm gonna fire ? ? Then another $150 for the trip home will jack the cost of my rifle and the rest of the shotgun rounds up a dollar too? ? ?

Well, I'm here now. might as well enjoy myself and try not to think about the cost . ...................

Yeah......like It was gonna bother me

If you want to figure out your costt per round, here is one of many cost calculators you can find on the web that will do it for you. Just plug in your price for components and go.

http://www.handloads.com/calc/loadingCosts.asp
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce

Last edited by Fingers McGee; March 29, 2012 at 10:07 AM.

Page generated in 0.03605 seconds with 8 queries