View Single Post
Old May 6, 2009, 07:59 AM   #27
enyaw

Scrat, I did that steel ring plate to that brasser over 15 years ago. That ring can be a big plus to fix up a brasser that's got the ring behind the cylinder dented in in those six spots. It makes the cylinder gap back to normal again. It's part that's called a narrow rimmed bushing fo machines and tractors and all. Hardware and tractor parts places have them. I list the right size and gauge(thickness) up above somewhere. It takes a little filing but it's not a mind blowing pull yer hair out kind of job. Just fit it and solder it on, shorten the nipple cones so they don't chainfire against the steel plate. I think of it as a steel plate backplate. I'll taken peoples brassers that were cylinder gaped big enough to drive a truck thru and backplated them and they's back on the range again. I liked to do that for guys comin into my humble little shop back then that were kinda short on funds. I'd fix their brasser fer cheap or nuthin and they would be real happy that day they came to get it and there wasn't a big bill to pay to get the old brasser back on the range or out in the field. You know those kinda guys that are usually young and pull in with 3-4 little kids bouncing around in the old truck and worn cloths and all. Like money is tight. Wife looking like she needs dentist work bad and the kids have no shoes and all. I remember the wifes would get a look of relief when the bill was "0" or very little for fixin the guns.

Page generated in 0.02698 seconds with 8 queries