View Single Post
Old October 1, 2002, 09:00 PM   #12
Lightfighter

Quote:
"everyone whos had experience one company's belt over another, will echo whatever they feel is commensurate with their overall experiences.

I for one use the SOE rigger belt, and it works just fine, there is no need for me to justify whether SOE is up there with other offereings, and arguing this point by showing test values is just plan inane."
Egg, that was a good way to put that. Nice Post.

The SOE Rigger belts are made from Type 13 1.75 inch nylon webbing (standard issue from any rigger shed) and Milspec parachute hardware (also found at any rigger's workstation). The Belts are called "Rigger Belts" because this style originated as 'home brew' designs Military Parachute Riggers would make for their buddies (and many later turned into businesses for themselves). You won't find 'load data' for this style belt but for the genuine material that it is made from.

The reason that I like the SOE belt over any stiffened belt (I have been known to use the Galco Instructor belt with stiffener from time to time for my Glock) is that it is sturdy enough to hold the weight of a holstered sidearm; but is not, for lack of a more poetic way to say it; stiff. It is pliable and soft, yet strong and rigid -- much better for use with firstline kit in my opinion because of comfort and usability. The drawback of the SOE, and the reason that I use a Galco periodically, is that the SOE is too wide to fit through some belt loops (more specifically, the Royal Robbins 5.11 pant).

Page generated in 0.01992 seconds with 8 queries