Thread: SAMCO K31s
View Single Post
Old July 7, 2014, 01:58 AM   #36
tahunua001

not meaning to hijack the thread but...
with my M41 I do see a few things that I'm not sure about being real or not.
1. the stock inletting around the scope rail is sharp, the rest of the lines are smooth but it looks like someone just took a jigsaw to the stock to get the rail to fit.
2. the bluing is all perfect, the bolt, the receiver, the barrel. I know sweden was neutral, and their guns weren't beat to hell like most, but I don't think I've ever seen such nice bluing on any 70+ year old rifles.
3. the serial number on the rail is electro penciled while everything else is stamped, pretty hard to fake a stamp so I'm not worried about those but it does raise the question why they went to all the trouble of nicely and legibly marking everything but the one spot that you can see the full serial number?

given what I've heard of samco, I wouldn't be surprised if they took a bunch of 1896 mausers, D+T the scope rails on, penciled serials on them, cut the stocks and blued all the necessary parts to match. in the end, I have no way of knowing based on my level of knowledge on these rifles, just hunches, it wouldn't be the only time I've been fleeced and probably won't be the last.

Page generated in 0.01991 seconds with 8 queries