View Single Post
Old April 15, 2013, 12:16 PM   #8
Waspinator

Quote:
You must have received some good instruction
Thanks!

The instructor was awesome. I had a tendancy to keep looking over the firearm after each shot to see where I hit the paper. He told me to focus on the sights, aim toward the center of the paper, trust my sights and not look at where they were hitting. I had a hard time doing that because my curiosity kept me looking.

When I got to the 9mm, I told myself that no matter what, don't look.. just concentrate on the sights and center it on the paper. I took the first shot and the gun recoiled a little more then the revolvers and the recoil felt weird after shooting the revolvers. I though for sure it was way off, but I stuck to the plan and followed up the four remaining shots. I lowered the weapon after I was done, and to my surprise all 5 hit the center ring!

The instructor, at the end, took an index card with two small eyes drawn on it. He sent it all the way down range and took 7 consecutive shots with the 686+ in double action, one after the other. All 7 shots hit a 1/2" area between the eyes. man, that guy was a crack shot!

Here are is credentials... between his credentials and his refusal to have more then 4 people in a class at a time, made me go with him.

http://www.ct-firearms-safety.com/credentials.html

I'm very happy with my choice and highly recommend him to anyone looking for a course in CT.

Page generated in 0.03306 seconds with 8 queries