View Single Post
Old November 20, 2011, 08:13 AM   #1
PapaBear168

Florida Gun Laws Question

Hello Folks,
I'm rather new to TFL and new to Florida as well. I am somewhat familiar with the process of getting my Conceal Carry Permit as I am going to do that soon. But as I was reading the laws online at http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/index.html
I did not see anything too glaringly obvious about the "printing" of a gun. I am from Ill-annoy originally where there are very strict laws concerning guns and have only vague knowledge of all of this. I am pretty sure I once read some time back that in some states (Michigan maybe?) it was unlawful to "print" a firearm. I see on the above site that in the Florida's Definitions section of 790.001 it says: "(2) “Concealed firearm” means any firearm, as defined in subsection (6), which is carried on or about a person in such a manner as to conceal the firearm from the ordinary sight of another person."
That seems rather vague to me and it doesn't mention anywhere that I can find what fine or other consequences there may be if someone can see that I am carrying a gun.
As always...thanks in advance for your help,
Ed

Page generated in 0.03461 seconds with 8 queries