View Single Post
Old April 25, 2007, 09:03 PM   #1
pdh

Neck Sizing Problems

I have a 243 Ackley Improved Bullberry custom barrel for my Encore. To make a long story short which probably does not relate to my problem.
I ordered the barrel in 243AI. They mistakenly chambered it in 243Win. Bullberry rechambered it then to the 243AI. So I now have alittle longer chamber dimensions than the std 243AI.
I am just necksizing with the Redding 243AI sizing die. I notice after neck sizing ....after about the 2nd 243AI loadings......the bullets are loose in the neck. I was seating the 70gr Nolser Ballistic Tip bullets and I could push the bullet down through the neck into the case!! On the 85gr Seirra HPBT...I could put the tip of the bullet against the side of the bench and push it down the neck some .010 to .015" !
Ok......I measured the thickness of the necks.....the measurements are .015" on just about all cases I measured. I measured the button in the sizing die. It measures .241" I ran a few cases up farther into the die....still the same situation...
Does anyone have a clue on what is going on? JUst not sizing the neck tight enough!! I am using Winchester brass...

I am planning on in the near future....sending Hornady some fireformed brass of my chamber and having them make me a resizeing die off the dimensions of my chamber.

Any help and advise is highly appreciated............

Page generated in 0.03045 seconds with 8 queries