View Single Post
Old November 16, 2018, 11:43 AM   #27
Metal god

Yep my research came up with a lot of the same info . Lots of guys using Varget and N-140 . Both are supposed to be at the top of the food chain in the 308 cartridge . I've never used either, Varget because it never seemed available when I was looking for it and N-140 because I have powders that work at a better price as well as it's availability .

For years there was only one LGS that sold powder in any good variety that would have something I "may" want . How ever there prices were high , like IMR powders being $40 a pound and the VV in the $50's . Because of that I had been forced IMO to buy online resulting in me staying with powders that I already knew worked . Many of the powders that I would have liked to try over the years , I was hesitant to buy do to the availability to me .

This has changed in the last few years . I found another LGS that sells powder at ok prices and more powder types are generally more available then they had been . This has helped me get out of my own way and buy new powders but I still have issues with trying new stuff . I really don't want 10 different bullets and 20 different powders I'm using for the same cartridge . Right now I have 3 bullets and 3 powders I use most in 308 .

I'm going to add another combo of the 200.20x bullet or 195gr ELD and what ever powder works with either . If I have problems with both I'll likely just go to the 190gr SMK because I already have data on that bullet and loads that work quite well .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Page generated in 0.03586 seconds with 8 queries