View Single Post
Old September 14, 2012, 08:37 AM   #2
jimbob86

No apologies necessary.

If I did not like answering questions/discussing opinions, I'd be doing somehting else- probably washing dishes or something else equally productive but a whole lot less interesting.....

The fundamantals are just as important, and a good shooting position is even more important in ML because of the increased lock times: You must hold steady.

I can't see how that AR "arm straight out" deal helps accuracy even with an AR- maybe it's about transitioning between multiple targets/speed .... a non issue with a front stuffer.

The thing to remember is that you want the ground, bones, tendons and ligaments doing as much of the of supporting the gun as possible, not muscles. Muscles tire and get shaky. Shaky is not steady.

The "fist under the gun" with the elbow on the ribs support arm would be better ..... whatever requires the least muscle effort.

Sitting is better than standing, and prone would be better yet- the ground is stable, and never gets tired- though I don't think I've ever fired a ML from the prone- hard to reload down there.

I could not tell you anything about Pyrodex or any other substitute: I shoot only the real Black, and only sidelocks.

Page generated in 0.02422 seconds with 8 queries