View Single Post
Old September 2, 2018, 04:10 PM   #66
FireForged

A shot timer is a gaming tool and its also a way to construct or introduce a "sporting" element to an activity that is generally anything but sporting.

People are always trying to draw some sort of equivalence between gun fight/ combat training and gaming. Certainly you can parcel out certainly nuances of a game and call it beneficial but at what cost? What I have seen in the gaming arena is impressive skill but [ you simply do not fight that way]. Games are played in a bubble which is absent any other consideration other than the game and its rules. No concept of danger, threat or dire conseqences. In order for me to accept anything as "training", there is going to have to be an emphasis on the fact that you MUST perform in a manner which is conducive to life safety, not just willy nilly running around trying to beat a time or adhering to critical regulations for the purpose of making the activity more "sporting". When you add a timer, you naturally sacrifice tactics and stragetics in leiu of a better time. Unless you have synchronized watches at the onset of a rescue, I think the idea of a timer is generally counter productive

Last edited by FireForged; September 2, 2018 at 04:16 PM.

Page generated in 0.02459 seconds with 8 queries