View Single Post
Old October 12, 2011, 10:29 PM   #19
Cary

The Lee Pro 4-20 is the furnace I started with and still use. The only problem I have had with it is some dripping from the spout while using and that can be fixed with a few turns with a screw driver on the rod for the valve. At the price and features it is a great furnace to enter the hobby with. At this time I have 7 of the Lee molds and one SAECO. Once I learned to cast with the Lee molds they work fine for my use. I purchased the one SAECO mold because it was a design that Lee did not carry. It sounds like you are off to a good start. Read all you can and don't hesitate to ask questions. All of us started at one time and most are glad to help some else get into the hobby. As for casting alloy I started with a certified casting alloy such as Hardball to learn the ropes with and then switched over to wheel weight alloy. With the eventual demise of WW alloy I plan to purchase from Rotometals and company in CA. It will increase my cost but I will still be able to make bullets for less than I can buy them and I enjoy doing it. Here is their web address if you want to look them over.
www.rotometals.com
I ordered some alloy from them a month ago and was pleased with their products and their service.
Cary

Page generated in 0.02326 seconds with 8 queries