Thread: BAR LongTrac
View Single Post
Old October 14, 2008, 02:50 PM   #14
BrunoNorway

@trooper509: Good to hear it works fine. As it is a very old consept, they have had a lot of time worke out its flaws. About that conversian kit for the BAR, do you have a link to that page. If i get a detachable box mag kit for it, dont you think a gunsmith would be able to manufacture a 10-15 round mag for it? I dont want the mag to be too long. i dont want it to stick further down then the pistol-grip. I think it would look kinda strange as it is a hunting rifle and not a battle rifle with a petruding pistol-grip, witch would look bether even with more rounds. By the way, does the "hunting BAR" and the "battle BAR" have the same actions?

@cat9x: I dont know but the 30-06 is 0.54 inches longer than the
308. I dont know if the AR10 mags and the magazine housing have that genorous fit. If it would fit, i think it would be very tight for the 30-06 cousing magazine jam. I am not a expert here and i dont know if this is right but it makes sence in my head.
By the way, that FNAR is one ugly duck. It looks like a cross between a AR15 and a BAR. It probertly works well though as it is BAR-action. Do you think the FNAR stock would fit the BAR?

Thanks for all good luck wishes.

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

Page generated in 0.02493 seconds with 8 queries