View Single Post
Old November 23, 2005, 02:22 AM   #2
Sir William

First off, I want you for a neighbour! I honestly don't check out bumps, car alarms or much short of someone yelling FIRE or FREE SAUSAGE! IOWs, I tend to stay in bed and listen while I become alert and oriented to time and place. My neighbours come and go at odd hours due to shift work. One lady throws trash out at 5 AM. The simple truth is that unless my dog is barking in a specific location, I just tend to roll back over and go back to sleep. I have been awakened by one neighbours house being afire. I dialed 911 and waited several minutes for the FD to travel 6 blocks. The FD Captain in front of me didn't even pop his head out. He stayed in bed. I strongly advise against chasing BGs. It is not a good thing to do. You weren't appreciated by the neighbour, the BG knows where you live apparently and you are now aware of how useless the PD usually is in documenting after the fact. I suggest only responding to an active B&E at your own house. Harden your perimeter with fencing, get a yappy dog, install motion sensor lighting and don't lose any sleep over any insured property, yours or the neighbours.

Page generated in 0.03135 seconds with 8 queries