View Single Post
Old November 13, 2010, 09:55 AM   #4
ZeSpectre

Great review and it's nice to hear some reality injected into the training.

Quote:
There is a lot of one handed shooting. Actual shootings and simulations show that if you are in a gun fight you are likely to get hit in the hands and arms, so you should practice strong hand only and weak hand only drills. We did that extensively.
Fantastic!

Quote:
If you are in a gunfight, you might get shot. If you are shot with a handgun, you can probably function and keep fighting. Handguns are woefully underpowered, hence 80% of people shot with them survive.
80% sounds a little high but still the combination of the inherent limits in the power of a handgun, the durability of the human body, and the capabilities of modern medical care do all combine to make gunshots considerably less lethal than they used to be. My point being that YES, you should continue to fight even if you are wounded. If you can make the bad-guy stop attacking then medical help will, in high probability, be able to save you. If you give up and let the bad guy walk up and shoot you in the head it's probably over. Never, never, never ever give up!

Quote:
If you carry a gun, you should realize that one day someone may force you to shoot them. You need decide a course of action long before you are faced with the situation.
I've lost track of how many times I've used that old quote "After the whistle blows is no time to come up with a game plan". (Remember that part of that game plan is, have a lawyer).

Page generated in 0.02453 seconds with 8 queries