Thread: .357 ammo cost?
View Single Post
Old October 12, 2013, 12:49 PM   #23
overkill0084

Quote:
Just got a new Ruger Blackhawk in .357/.38 spc and am having a difficult time finding ammo in the local stores. What I have found is around $37.00 for .357 and $32 for .38 special. That seems very high to me; but I know we are in new times.
Yeah, it's high.
Quote:
Can anyone give me a good target price for both .357 and .38? I just don't want to be "price gouged."
There appears to be none around, but something like Blazer ammo (if you can find it) should be around $25 -$30 a box of 50. Premium SD ammo seems a bit over the top. .38 special will often be right around $20ish. Some a bit less, some a bit more...again, if you can find it.
Midway USA is a good place to do price checks. They may not be the cheapest, but you'll typically be in the ballpark.
Quote:
By the way, reloading components are unavailable at my local stores here in SC. So reloading is not an option. Plus, I am active duty military and am getting ready for a cross country move. I just can't pack up all the reloading elements and move every 2-3 years.
Can't or won't?
Reloading gear in a CONUS to CONUS move seems pretty workable if you really wish to. You will have to haul the HAZMAT (Primers & Powder)with you in your POV &/or U-Haul.

The equipment you need will fit in a footlocker or a plastic Rubbermaid storage bin without a lot of effort. Two at most. a couple bins are insignificant in the big picture of a PCS. Your firearms will likely require more effort and thought than a couple bins of reloading equipment.
“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.” — P.J. O’Rourke

Page generated in 0.02692 seconds with 8 queries