Thread: Feral Dogs
View Single Post
Old March 4, 2001, 10:28 AM   #8
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

PDshooter, feral dog-packs are sorta "where you find them". They range throughout the country, just as do coyotes.

Pawcatch, I guess you've heard of "Shoot, shovel and shutup."? Now you understand why.

OkieGentleman, Wisconsin had a law on its books which required hunters to kill feral housecats. Dunno if it's still on the books, but in today's PC world I'm sure it's not enforced.

A study in Wisconsin a few years back concluded that a feral housecat will kill up to 100 songbirds a year. It estimated a population in Wisconsin of as many as one million feral/rural housecats. Y'all do the math.

Some years ago, a friend of mine just outside Georgetown, Texas, killed some dogs which were killing his sheep. They all had collars; one had the owner's name and phone number with the current rabies tag. He called the owner and asked if he had a collie/shepherd-looking dog. "Yes." "He's out here at my place; come get him." My friend drove the owner out to the scene of dead dogs and dead sheep. "Aw, MY dog wouldn't do THAT!" Yeah, right...

, Art

Page generated in 0.02427 seconds with 8 queries