View Single Post
Old September 30, 2010, 01:32 AM   #3
HiBC

A couple years back I sent some things to a friend in France.I know,France is not Belgium,but this may help.
Somehow,after much searching,I found a French government website about shipping things to France.there was an extensive list of things that were banned.for example,perfume was banned.
Many computer items were banned.I was not checking on anything firearms related.
You do have to provide a detailed list of what you ship at Fedex or UPS.You also must declare a value,and probably back it up with a sales tag or receipt.In my case,any item over 45 euro,approx $65,was subject to duty and/ot Value Added Tax(VAT).This was substantial.They do not just smoothly flow packages through,they may get sidelined for inspection.Everything needs to be accurate.
There is something about going to fedex,or UPS,and they have a process where the country you are dealing with trusts UPS or FEDEX.The UPS or FEDEX person is involved in creating the package and the duty/taxes are prepaid.I highly recommend you do not do this through some franchise mailbox store .Nightmares come true.
Do not even bother to call the USPS.they will have no help for you.

Page generated in 0.03417 seconds with 8 queries