View Single Post
Old September 25, 2010, 07:51 AM   #5
Uncle Buck

Bud: Thanks for moving this to the appropriate forum.

MLeake: Not just veterans. I have been in some serious situations as a civilian and have seen others lock up.

I wonder if it is just in a person to react under stress, or to freeze up, and training does the best to weed these folks out?

I was with a friend in Kansas City, he is a mousy looking guy, small, wears dockers and button up shirts, thick glasses and does not stand up straight. I had only known him for a few weeks and we were going to have lunch while our wives finished their business. Neither of us were armed.

I am now balding, slightly over-weight and walk with a limp and a cane.

We passed an alley and three hoods decided we were fair game and demanded our wallets. One of them pulled a knife and my buddy went into overdrive... He used Tae Kwon Do to put an end to that incident. It was right out of the movies. He was the last guy you would have thought would be able to handle a situation like that the way he did.

His biggest concern was that his wife would notice he tore the sleeve on his shirt....

Never judge a book by the cover, but always suspect what it says on the inside...

Page generated in 0.03544 seconds with 8 queries