Thread: Hog Hunting
View Single Post
Old September 12, 2000, 12:41 PM   #42
Jarhead_22

I was told by a game warden that a small herd of hogs can root up an ACRE of crops in a day. They are straight-out varmints here in Texas.

In 1995 I went on a pistol javelina hunt in Arizona. All I had at the time was a Sig P226, so I went out and bought some Hydra-shoks for it. When I got my shot, I put one just behind the shoulder, and the sucker just walked into a cave there in the draw. It took three more shots in the pitch black cave, and being charged twice, before I got my tag on him. Of course, I was hunting with a bunch of other Jarheads and all I got was abuse for having to shoot him four times. "Jeeze, Smitty, why didn't you just roll a grenade in there if you wanted to tear him up like that?"

One caution I would give: watch for that musk gland on the back, up between the shoulders. Don't get it on your clothes or you won't be welcome back in camp, and don't cut it when you're skinning it or the meat will be no good to anyone.

Jarhead

------------------
The gun you surrender will be melted down to form the chains you will wear from then on.

Page generated in 0.02781 seconds with 8 queries