View Single Post
Old May 10, 2005, 11:00 AM   #16
Dave R

L&C, you're doing fine with the Lee Anniversary Kit. Do a search on beginning reloading. There may be one or two additional pieces of gear you want. Maybe a caliper or a chamfer tool. Its possible to reload without calipers. I did for a short time. I just compared my loads with the length of factory loads using the same bullet. Not very satisfying, or precise, so I got a caliper pretty quick.

Regarding powders, I have used both Varget and H335 in my .223. Both are great, but I like the H335 a little better. Its also a couple bucks cheaper, which appeals to the miser in me.

I don't think you'll want to use the same powder in your .300 WinMag as in your .223. The .300WinMag likes slower powders than the .223 does. It may be possible to use one powder in both, but you'll be compromising the performance of one or the other.

FWIW I like Unique in 9mm, but I have not tried much else. Again, its pretty inexpensive. The inly thing I don't like is it has a pretty good muzzle flash. I woudl like a powder with less flash for 9mm.

Page generated in 0.03097 seconds with 8 queries